The Interweb Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Interweb Hut

The New Yawker 2.0

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Entertainment Stuff

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Streetwise Gamgee

Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 10:46 pm

Scarlet Johanson has been offered the lead role in a live action adaptation of Ghost In The Shell which would be directed by the dude who did Snow White and The Huntsman.
Literally every single part of that sounds awful.
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 1:42 am

That does sound atrocious.
Back to top Go down
Streetwise Gamgee

Streetwise Gamgee

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 1:43 am

If the ill-fated Akira film hasn't happened yet, this won't either.
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 2:37 am

Probably not, but I thought the original Ghost In The Shell was a snorefest anyway. Never saw the series or sequel.
Back to top Go down
http://interwebhut.greatestboard.com
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 9:51 pm

You just didn't, like, get it maaan.
Back to top Go down
Streetwise Gamgee

Streetwise Gamgee

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Dude, GITS is like probably my favorite anime. Robot tits, cybernetic implants, existentialism. It hits every single one of my buttons.
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Streetwise Gamgee wrote:
Dude, GITS is like probably my favorite anime. Robot tits, cybernetic implants, existentialism. It hits every single one of my buttons.

Excuse to use my only reddit upvote gif.

Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 1ZTgSD1
Back to top Go down
Streetwise Gamgee

Streetwise Gamgee

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Streetwise Gamgee wrote:

Maybe, but that's like turning Archie into a grindhouse thriller.

Heres official spoilers for Terminator: Genisys:

"Sarah Connor isn't the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton's steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991's T2. Rather, the mother of humanity's messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she's been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger's Terminator—an older T-800 she calls 'Pops'—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who's great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion".

photo t5_zpsf9265694.jpg
Back to top Go down
Streetwise Gamgee

Streetwise Gamgee

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 8:30 pm

Congslop wrote:
Wat?

Anyway that Terminator stuff sounds weird, but I can't really blast it because they're trying a new angle. I like the idea of Arnold as some kind of demented father figure though.
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 8:49 pm

Streetwise Gamgee wrote:
Congslop wrote:
Wat?

Because for GITS the source material is light action comedy and they turned it into what they did.
Back to top Go down
Streetwise Gamgee

Streetwise Gamgee

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 9:05 pm

I never read the manga, so the movie is the only aspect I'm familiar with and it's great regardless of the source material.
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 9:41 pm

We'll agree to disagree, it put me to sleep
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Evil Dead: The TV Series debuts in 2015 with a 10 episode commitment, will star Bruce Campbell as Ash.
Back to top Go down
Streetwise Gamgee

Streetwise Gamgee

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 10:24 pm

Boo-urns.
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 5:42 pm

The main baddie dino in Jurassic World is a genetic snafu (Read: Made Up) dino called the D-Rex, which is bigger than a T-Rex and translucent.
Back to top Go down
Streetwise Gamgee

Streetwise Gamgee

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:36 pm

The part about it being see-through is news to me. Sounds visually interesting anyway.
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Yeah, CG I can get excited about seeing
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 9:33 pm

The new Kickboxers FB page went online an hour ago, here's the first official promo pieces:

photo kicky_zps8af28d49.jpg

photo kicky2_zps83ec20bf.jpg

Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 12:55 am

Back to Ghost in the Shell. Scarlett Johansson has been confirmed today to be playing the lead role in the live-action adaptation, Major Motoko Kusanagi. I assume they'll make everything american.

Also, what a shit choice regardless. How is Babyfat McSquishtits supposed to play one of the strongest, badassest Japanese girls from any animu?

Last edited by Slunt on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 1:07 am

Granted most other interpretations (including the source manga) are more cheesecake than the '95 classic, but I'm assuming the incoming Hollywood flop is based on said movie since it's the most celebrated internationally. And if you have a modicrum of taste, you understand why.

So with that in mind, I just have a hard time seeing this
Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 Scarlett-johansson-reuters

playing this

Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 64q2irl
Back to top Go down
Streetwise Gamgee

Streetwise Gamgee

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 1:11 am

Should have been the main chick from Pacific Rim, obviously. I mean I like Scarjo and she's pretty and all, but this is a joke.
Anyway it's a shit idea for a live action movie anyway and I still refuse to believe it will actually be made.

Also if only Van Damme were actually going to look that good in the actual movie.
Back to top Go down
Streetwise Gamgee

Streetwise Gamgee

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 1:15 am

I mean it's theoretical that she could get ripped as fuck for the role, she's not in bad shape by any means, but seeing as it's a fucking Nickelodeon movie or whatever I doubt that much effort will go into it.
I also doubt they'll make her get all naked and shit for it anyway so y'know.
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 2:24 am

Streetwise Gamgee wrote:
Should have been the main chick from Pacific Rim, obviously.

She'd be pretty good if she put on some muscle, yeah. She's like, model skinny though IIRC.
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 2:26 am

And white
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 2:32 am

wat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Entertainment Stuff   Random Entertainment Stuff - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Entertainment Stuff
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next