The Interweb Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Interweb Hut

The New Yawker 2.0

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I started a League of Legends Worlds pool

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Slunt

Slunt

I started a League of Legends Worlds pool Empty
PostSubject: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 5:33 pm

Standings - Group Stage

Group A
------------------------------
Samsung White: 3-0
Edward Gaming: 2-1
ahq e-Sports Club: 1-2
Dark Passage: 0-3

Group B
Star Horn Royal Club: 3-0
Team SoloMid: 2-1
Taipei Assassins: 1-2
SK Gaming: 0-3

Group C
Fnatic
Samsung Blue
OMG
LMQ

Group D
Alliance
Cloud9
KaBuM e-Sports
NaJin White Shield

Only groups A and B play the first week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I managed to scrounge up enough faggots to start a LoL pool for the upcoming world's championship games, inspired by the stupid hockey pools Kelly always makes me sign up for (I told him if he joined mine, I'd join his). $10 each person playing for 2 teams. 1st place get $50, 2nd place gets $30.

The teams are:

Jordan - Samsung White, SHRC
David - EDG, LMQ
Kelly - ahq e-Sports Club, KaBuM e-Sports
Adrian - Alliance, Azubu TPA
Logan - OMG, Cloud9
Nate - Fnatic, Dark Passage
Thane - Samsung Blue, SK Gaming
Austin - NaJin White Shield, TSM

The official power rankings for the teams (which I mostly agree with) are:

16. KaBuM e-Sports
   KaBuM is one of the two international wildcard tournament winners. They're Brazilian, and they're considered by far the weakest team coming in.

15. Dark Passage
   The other wildcard tourney winners, from Turkey. They've been in the international scene for a while and, although huge underdogs, aren't considered all that terrible.

14. ahq e-Sports Club
   Kelly's pretty much fucked unless one of his two teams pull out a miraculous run. I lol'd pretty hard when he drew arguably the worst and third worst teams available. ahq is from Vietnam, a nation considered pretty weak and they're generally looked at as leagues behind the other SEA-region world qualifiers, TPA.

13. LMQ
   Representing North America, but comprised entirely of native Chinese players (they moved to the states before season 3 started to compete here and came in third at the regionals). Honestly I'm not sure if LMQ should be considered so weak. To me they still have aggression and mechanics on par with the teams representing China, but they've also adapted to the vision control more commonly seen in the west and Korea. Not a bad team to have.

12. SK Gaming
   Although I think SK is arguably stronger than Fnatic, I still don't think they're all that great. The only European team that really impressed me this year is Alliance.

11. Azubu Taipei Assassins (TPA)
   TPA were the Season 2 World Champions, but of the lineup at the time only two members remain. They didn't re-qualify for last year's tournament, but according to a lot of sources they seem to be back in form and could potentially make a good run this year. But hey, going into Season 2 World Championship, the relatively unknown team from Taiwan were considered the 11th best team out of 12, making their run for the cup a huge underdog story.

10. Fnatic
   The Season 1 champs from EU always a big ol' question mark in tournaments. They're inconsistent but sometimes show signs of brilliance. I can't expect them to get very far, but I won't be really surprised if they take out a couple giants.

9. TSM
   Even though TSM's the team I always want to win the most, I tend to have really low expectations of them. I would've put them behind pretty much any team above the bottom 3 (ahq, Dark Passage and KaBuM). They looked strong this year in their regionals, but historically they just never accomplish anything on the world stage. One point of interest, however, is that they always qualify. They're the only team to make it to Worlds all four seasons.

8. Cloud9
   NA's strongest team. Not much to say about them. Even though TSM beat them in the regional finals, I still feel like C9 is just a better team all around and has a better chance of making an impact this year. Their midlaner, Hai, will probably be what makes or breaks them though, as he showed some surprising inconsistency against TSM.

7. OMG
   Although OMG used to be the kings of China, they've fallen off a little bit recently. I don't really follow the chinese scene too much, but from what I understand their botlane synergy is suspect.

6. Star Horn Royal Club
   I got pretty lucky with my draws, as my worse pick is still considered the 6th best going in. However, the time these rankings were posted was before some drama shit happened in the team. Apparently there have been altercations between some of the members, with their star ADC suggesting he might not even play at worlds, which would really shit on their chances of accomplishing much.

5. Alliance
   Europe's last, best hope. Alliance was absolutely nasty this year, pretty much stomping out the competition in the EU LCS. They're currently boot-camping in Korea alongside Fnatic, Cloud9 and TSM. If I were to pick a non-asian team, it would be this one. But I wouldn't pick a non-asian team because that would be silly.

4. EDG
   Along with LMQ, I'd say David actually has two pretty damn strong teams, and the power rankings agree with me on EDG at least. I don't know much about their team, but they're considered a few steps ahead of the other Chinese teams, so they're probably pretty damn good.

3. NaJin White Shield
   Shield's really good, I watched them 3-0 my favourite Korean team to qualify for worlds (wah), but they tend to have a very specific, late-game oriented teamfight style which could very well get thwarted by the more adaptable teams. Like the Samsung sisters.

2. Samsung White
   Yay, I got the second best team. :>

1. Samsung Blue
   Shit, I got the second best team. :<
   Seriously though, Samsung Blue is ridiculous. They currently have arguably the best players in EVERY role and their pick/ban and map strategies just seem to be untouchable. As a side note, Samsung White has faced their sister team a few times recently, and White lost every time.

Last edited by Slunt on Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 5:57 pm

Win me money
Back to top Go down
http://interwebhut.greatestboard.com
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 12:08 am

NO
Back to top Go down
Streetwise Gamgee

Streetwise Gamgee

PostSubject: Re: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 12:32 am

Are fantasy E-Sports a thing yet? That would be hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 12:35 am

Riot actually implemented a fantasy league thing, so yes. :V
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 12:36 am

and no, I don't do it
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 2:56 am

The idiot jungler from SK Gaming (Svenskeren, a notoriously shitty human being) changed his account name while in Taiwan (for the group stage of Worlds) to "Taipeichingchong" and even verbally toyed with a Taiwanese schoolkid with an evidently limited grasp on the english language who was apparently trying to be friendly and greet Svenskeren to their country. The result? Riot fined him and suspended him for 3 games. It might sound tame but Svenskeren is considered the player most key to SK's success, and with him getting suspended it all but guarantees SK is not making it past the group stage.

Also, they're in the same group as TSM. Although I think TSM's better than SK and would've beat them anyway, I'm all like,

I started a League of Legends Worlds pool I_ain%27t_even_mad_will_smith
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 4:29 am

What a dick
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 10:17 pm

I added group stage standings to the initial post. So far between my two teams I'm 6-0. David's better team (EDG) is looking really strong. Honestly the standings right now are almost exactly as I predicted, with the exception that I expected TPA to beat TSM today.
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:58 pm

Update: I won it all. :>
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 11:13 pm

photo carlton_zpsf660d12c.gif
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 11:49 pm

I started a League of Legends Worlds pool Anigif_enhanced-buzz-1254-1364017779-8
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 1:58 am

photo carltondance_zps59ce2666.gif
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I started a League of Legends Worlds pool   I started a League of Legends Worlds pool Empty

Back to top Go down

I started a League of Legends Worlds pool
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Interweb Hut :: The Hut :: Entertainment-
Jump to: