The Interweb Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Interweb Hut

The New Yawker 2.0

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite Fighters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Slunt

Slunt

Favourite Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Fighters   Favourite Fighters EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 12:55 am

There's a plethora of MMA (or other martial arts) fighters that I've liked a lot over the years. I dedicate this thread to them. Feel free to contriboot your own, and I'll keep posting fighters/fights as I think of more.

First and foremost, my all-time favourite ever, Bas Rutten.

Favourite Fighters Rutten-st

Not only is he hilarious and possesses the greatest accent ever, but he also retired with a 14-2 kickboxing record (all by KO) and a 28-4-1 MMA record (12 KOs, 13 submission), ending his professional career on a ridiculous 21 win streak. He has scary knowledge that all seems to revolve around damaging internal organs. Here's a fight where he puts Jason DeLucia in his place and busts his liver, and commentates himself doing it.

Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

Favourite Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Fighters   Favourite Fighters EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 1:22 am

In women's MMA the talent pool is still fairly low (particularly in North America), and every time I see "strikers" they look like fitness models throwing pillow punches at each other until they get tired and lay around or clinch the rest of the fight. Not retired japanese fighter Hisae Watanabe.

Favourite Fighters 20100412120

Hisae actually looks like a fighter, and although she wasn't the most technical striker, she still has an edge on most of her peers in terms of accuracy and power. Here's how knock outs tend to work: the lower the weight class, the significantly lower the chance of seeing a flash KO. Bigger people throw harder punches, but it's not like they inherently have better chins. What makes her so impressive and exciting is that at the low weight of 106 lbs, she ended her 19-6 career with 11 wins by KO, probably the highest ratio you'll find in professional women's MMA. Also, she's a big, muscular amazon who dressed like a cave woman for her fights.

Here's probably her best KO in a fight made all the more hilarious by the fact that the other chick is wearing a wrestling mask in a real fight. :V

Sorry for the poop quality. There used to be a higher quality one on YouTube but I can't find it.
Back to top Go down
Streetwise Gamgee

Streetwise Gamgee

Favourite Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Fighters   Favourite Fighters EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:32 am

I don't really follow any UFC or any professional sports, but I like Johny Hendricks. He's just like, this goofy bearded redneck from kentucky or some shit which I find hilarious because so many top tier MMA fighters are like, asian and brazilian and shit.
Like, half his wins are by knockout. The dude punches like a fucking truck.
Sadly I can't find any videos of him punching people's lights out that aren't faggotty fan-made montages.
Favourite Fighters Johny_hendricks
Although I still think he lost to GSP fair and square.

Last edited by Streetwise Gamgee on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

Favourite Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Fighters   Favourite Fighters EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:39 am

I too like Hendricks a lot, and although I thought he actually beat GSP, it was close enough that I just didn't really care. As the saying goes, "to be the champ you have to beat the champ," and it was far from a one-sided fight.
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

Favourite Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Fighters   Favourite Fighters EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:28 am

Wow, how'd I completely miss this thread??????
Back to top Go down
http://interwebhut.greatestboard.com
Slunt

Slunt

Favourite Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Fighters   Favourite Fighters EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 4:11 am

You probably saw it was made by me and assumed koreaboo.
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

Favourite Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Fighters   Favourite Fighters EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 4:25 am

Which does remind me. Jung Chan-sung, also known as "The Korean Zombie." This dude is like, my favourite smaller fighter (145 lbs, featherweight), and has been since a while before my silly Korean fixation, and pretty much anybody that's seen this guy fight would know why.

Favourite Fighters Chan-Sung-Jung-WEC-51-w_6815

He started out as a very reckless fighter, basically walking straight forward, eating punches to the chin and swinging back. He got put on his ass for it by George Roop (KO by head kick) and changed up his style to be more intelligent and safe. Strangely, the excitement factor of his fights didn't drop at all.

Since that loss he's had four fights in the UFC. His first was still probably his best ever, as he beat Leonard Garcia with the first (and so far, last) ever Twister submission in not just UFC, but known MMA. It's strange and extremely hard to pull off, or find yourself in the position to even try it. It's unique in the sense that it's not a choke or a limb-based sub, but an abdominal/spinal crank that apparently hurts like all fucking hell. It's also one of those ones that doesn't actually look like it's doing much, but the pain is evident. Check it out:

Unfortunately his last fight ended with an injury to his shoulder. I'm hoping he'll be back, but it was a while ago and I've seen zero updates on his status, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favourite Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Fighters   Favourite Fighters Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Fighters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Interweb Hut :: The Hut :: Entertainment-
Jump to: