The Interweb Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Interweb Hut

The New Yawker 2.0

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Video Game Music

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Slunt

Slunt

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:59 am

Mandatory VG music thread. Since I just had my moment of pride in beating UN Squadron, I will start there.

Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 3:18 am

Back to top Go down
http://interwebhut.greatestboard.com
Monsters strike first

Monsters strike first

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 3:18 am

UN Squadron has such cool music

Here's my contribution, some tracks from Dark Souls

Bell Gargoyles, first boss that forces you to deal with multiple enemies at once. Very intimidating music.

Gaping Dragon, who certainly gets points for atmosphere and appearance but is sadly the easiest boss in the game due to very exploitable AI

Ornstein and Smaugh's boss music, one of my favourite fights and also one of my favourite pieces in the game.

Gwynevere, who you meet after defeating O&S. One of the few tracks that isn't a boss fight, and the only one that isn't dark sounding overall.

Knight Artorias. Has a pretty tragic theme, appropriate for his backstory - he tried to fight back the Abyss but in the end succumbed to its powers.
Back to top Go down
Monsters strike first

Monsters strike first

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 3:41 am

But wait! There's more!
Here's some from Dark Souls 2.
Note that I haven't finished it yet so I'm only going to post ones from bosses I've actually fought.

Old Dragonslayer, who bears a striking similarity to a certain Dark Souls 1 boss

Spooky scary skeleton lords

Executioner's Chariot, one of the cooler bosses IMO

Mytha, a creepy medusa who carries around her decapitated head and attacks you with it

Royal Rat Vanguard. Literally a neverending horde of giant fucking rats with one special rat you have to kill to end it.

Smelter Demon, who I watched kill 6 hosts in a row while co-oping
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 4:01 am

I fucking love Legend of Mana's entire soundtrack, probably has the highest ratio of memorable songs of pretty much any game. I also always thought the swedish vocals/lyrics in the first track were quite pretty and fitting. :>

Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 3:51 am

1080 has a bitchin' soundtrack, catchy as hell:

Back to top Go down
Monsters strike first

Monsters strike first

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:07 am

More Dark Souls 2 music

Sir Alonne

Raime/Fume Knight

King Vendrick's theme, very fitting given the state you find him in
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 2:45 am

From the first few tastes I got, I didn't care much for Final Fantasy X-2's OST, but now that I'm playing through it I'm finding that altogether the game has some really nice music in it. The bad/odd ones seem to be the minority.

Here's a few of the ones that stuck with me more. If you're getting a little bit of a Chrono Trigger vibe from any of it, the woman that did the music for this was one of the three (along with Uematsu and some other person) that did CT. She also did Front Mission with Yoko Shimomura and some other shit.

Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 4:06 am

The 2000's era MK games were easily the best, and they had some great tunes too. Heres some epic character select music:

Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 1:58 pm

I say that, and now I'm hooked on the old 2D MK's Razz

Anyway, heres an awesome soundtrack to an awesome game:

Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Video Game Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Game Music   Video Game Music Empty

Back to top Go down

Video Game Music
Page 1 of 1