The Interweb Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Interweb Hut

The New Yawker 2.0

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best of Running Man

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Slunt

Slunt

Best of Running Man Empty
PostSubject: Best of Running Man   Best of Running Man EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 9:23 pm

So I finally caught up to where the show's currently at, 255 episodes at about 1 hour and 20 minutes an episode. ~340 hours total. Now I'm going to compile a list of the best episodes and post them here when I think of them, probably in chronological order, because I have nothing better to do. All for your non-viewing pleasure.

First off, it would only make sense to start with episode 1. It introduces everyone a little and establishes the entire show's premise, although it does change a decent bit throughout the seasons.

Since it's my first post, I'll throw in episode 2 as well. The significance of this episode is that it's the first one with Song Ji-hyo, who acted as a guest episodes 2 through 5 before becoming an official, permanent cast member.
Back to top Go down
The Dadalanche
Admin
The Dadalanche

PostSubject: Re: Best of Running Man   Best of Running Man EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 12:17 am

Is the show still on air or have you watched all there will ever be?
Back to top Go down
http://interwebhut.greatestboard.com
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: Best of Running Man   Best of Running Man EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 12:35 am

It's still on air; episode 255 just came out Sunday. That one will definitely make the list.
Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: Best of Running Man   Best of Running Man EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:56 am

First episode to feature Jung Yong-hwa as a guest. He becomes one of the more prolific guests, making something like 12 appearances (which I believe is more than anyone else). He's a pretty cool dude and a good guest.

Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: Best of Running Man   Best of Running Man EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 12:10 am

I like this episode because it sheds some light on the backgrounds of the members, during the "cup of tea" part. Nice for someone who didn't grow up in Korea and is unfamiliar with media personalities. Some of this would be alluded to later for humour's sake, like Suk-jin's rendition of "I Swear."

Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: Best of Running Man   Best of Running Man EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 2:51 am

The official first mention of the name "Monday Couple" in regards to Ji-hyo and Gary's television-only improv relationship (the show was generally only recorded on Mondays). It's continued on-and-off since then.

EDIT: Just remembered this is the first episode where Ji-hyo's potty mouth comes out, calling Kwang-soo a name (similar to bastard or rascal in english but a little more offensive there).

Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: Best of Running Man   Best of Running Man EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 2:16 am

This is the first RM episode with the "hidden cam" idea. Basically they make it seem like they're playing normal games with each other but one person (guest SNSD's Yuri) is actually just being fucked with while everyone else is in on it. I -THINK- this is also the first episode with the iconic "bells hide and seek" game which is still sometimes used to this day. Ji-hyo "confirms" the Monday Couple as well at the start.

Back to top Go down
Slunt

Slunt

PostSubject: Re: Best of Running Man   Best of Running Man EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 2:07 am

Lizzy becomes the first (and last) "long-term" guest, appearing consecutively through episodes 18-25. I believe this might also be the first episode to ever have a love/couples slant, a theme tied to some of the better future episodes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best of Running Man   Best of Running Man Empty

Back to top Go down

Best of Running Man
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Interweb Hut :: The Hut :: Jordan's Corner-
Jump to: